Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Poetry Thang

daily grind


miracle birds fly on miracle wings under a miracle sky

someone loads a parking meter with time and the “oo”

in the school sign makes me think the world is looking

out for me. every brick in the library was fashioned in

its brickiness to perfection and laid brick upon

brick and somewhere along the way someone thought

up electricity, the discarding of light, the key to your

heart, like a blossom in the spring snow. clever despite

the cold. I crack open my own, a walnut with a teardrop

center, and fold my hands into the brunt of winter. all

day the miracles follow me around like housecats. all

day I thank them for their moody persistence.




Have a great week! Have two, they're fat-free!


(Join the Poetry Train)


9 comments:

Sweet Talking Guy.. said...

Like the miracle birds reference, I wouldn't be surprised these days if the "oo" in the school sign is a camera looking at you!

anthonynorth said...

Upbeat and meaningful.

floreta said...

i like your prose and the repetition of words like miracle, brick.. good job!

gautami tripathy said...

It reads like a song..

unconnected

Fledgling Poet said...

This is very joyful...brimming with life. Thanks for lifting my spirits!

Tumblewords: said...

Fine form...love the 00 in the school...

S.L. Corsua said...

Loved what you've said about electricity, and the mention of 'a walnut with a teardrop center" (great line, by the way, with the grit-effect of the words 'crack' and 'brunt'). Upbeat, yes. ;) Looking forward to more of your prose poetry in the future. Cheers.

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Sweet, Anthony, Floreta... thanks for stopping by.

Hey, Gautami... thanks, perhaps I'll try singing it. :-)

Danika / OpenChannel said...

Thanks, Fledgling, that's what the day itself was.

Thanks, S.L., for the good words.