Sunday, January 18, 2009

Monday Poetry Cha-ching (last one on this blog)

Getting ready for my permanent move to my new blog. I'll be having a moving sale and a blog-warming party. There will be poetry games and treats and music and frolicking, so stay tuned for that. Frolicking is so underrated.

The poem below combines lines from three separate 3:15 experiment poems written August 15, 2008 by Gwendolyn Alley, Tod McCoy and myself. The 3:15 Experiment itself is a work of collective consciousness. We used these poems as part of our process of creating a collaborative poem to submit to an on-line journal; this is a draft of the stanza I produced. We're still working on the final poem and will let you know when it appears.


Thunder and lightning
arriving back from the dead
thawing a bottle of wine
with a drum roll please
my dream angel solid and
drowned for safe
when the light flashes
fiercely beautiful down the hallway

Let’s not fool ourselves
inside a shoe that doesn’t fit
shed some clothes
roam the house
of my youth more human than
closing windows and
slowly warming coal


I ALSO have a Monday Poetry Post on my NEW BLOG this week.

the TRAIN leaves every Monday.







4 comments:

artpredator said...

i really like how your stanza came out...

and i look forward to visiting you often in your new neighborhood! welcome to your new home!

floreta said...

how cute about your blogwarming party :D i like the line: lets not fool ourselves/ inside a shoe that doesn't fit

gel(Emerald Eyes) said...

Cool collaborative effort. Many interesting images come to mind from this poem.

As for your blog move, I'm smiling @ "frolicking is so underrated." Hope you don't have too many boxes to unpack! (I guess I came from the new blog to this one via the P.Train.)

Danika / OpenChannel said...

yeah, AP, I like the way it turned out, too. :-)

Yes, gel, FROLICKING is mui importante!